Home Inspection Credentials
Rick Smith is a fully-licensed and insured Home Inspector #33227 registered with the Maryland Department of Labor, Licensing, and Regulation. Rick had to attend Maryland’s extensive classroom training and he passed the required National Home Inspector Examination® with a 97% score, the highest grade ever achieved by a student of his Instructor! As a licensed Maryland Home Inspector, he adheres to Maryland’s Standards of Practice and its Code of Ethics.
Rick Smith is Certified Professional Inspector® #18031903, trained and certified by the International Association of Certified Home Inspectors (InterNACHI®), the world’s largest association of residential and commercial property inspectors. He is required to:
- Stay up to date with the industry’s most rigorous Continuing Education training courses, which have been awarded more than 1,400 approvals and accreditation by governmental and other agencies.
- Adhere to a comprehensive Standards of Practice to ensure that you receive a detailed and accurate home inspection.
- Abide by a strict Code of Ethics, which puts his clients first and protects their rights as consumers.
- Use state-of-the-art inspection tools and reporting software so that his clients can make informed decisions about the homes they want to buy or sell.
Click here to read more!
Rick is a member of the Maryland Association of Home Inspectors (MAHI). MAHI is dedicated to promoting excellence and professionalism in Maryland’s home inspection field and helps consumers by:
- Supporting an informative and educational home inspection process
- Putting you in touch with reputable, licensed and insured, and professional and ethical Inspectors.
- Working with Legislators to protect your consumer rights.
MAHI also provides its member Inspectors with Continuing Education to assist them with complying with Maryland Licensing requirements.
FAA Part 107 Airman
Rick Smith is a Licensed Small Unmanned Aircraft System (sUAS) Remote Pilot with the Federal Aviation Administration (FAA). Rick passed the FAA’s rigorous Part 107 test with a 90% and is fully licensed and insured to operate a drone during your home inspection if necessary. ANYONE operating a drone/sUAS for commercial purposes is required by Federal Law to obtain an FAA Part 107 License, so make sure your Inspector is Licensed if he/she uses a drone.
Click here to read more!
Mold and Radon Certified
Rick Smith is trained and certified by the International Association of Certified Indoor Air Consultants (IAC2). He can perform standalone inspections and testing for mold and testing for radon or these can be included with your general home inspection if you choose.
Both Mold and Radon can be serious health risks to you and your family. Additionally, Mold can cause damage to the structural elements within your home. If you want to protect your family and your investment from these hazards, Absolute Assurance has you covered!
As a certified IAC2 Inspector, he adheres to the IAC2 Standards of Practice for Mold Inspections.